[Ansteorra] Stolen Items

Carl Chipman cchipman at nomadics.com
Sun Sep 29 13:36:31 PDT 2002

We apologize for the bandwidth, but my lady I and could use your help.
Last night while dining @ an Outback steakhouse in Lawton, some
person(s) stole my armor tote and our clothing tote out of the back of
my truck.  While we typically throw them in the back seat while dining,
we had forgotten to last night.  With all the stuff in the totes, the
thieves stole approximately $2000 worth of SCA items.

We have file a police report, and will be talking to our insurance (both
home and auto) tomorrow so there's a chance that monetary loss will not
be too terrible, but some of the things will be difficult to replace.

Most significant of the loss was the custom helm that was made for me by
Master Johannes of Windrose Armoury, and of a circlet that was one of
the Barony of the Eldern Hills regalia pieces were in the tote.
Additionally, several beautiful strands of amber that had been given to
my Lady Gilyan by Baroness Sigen were also in the totes.  Finally, our
digital camera was in the tote, so we no will no longer be able to take
pictures of our new puppy, who's busy being super cute right now.

While we are not sending this e-mail for sympathy (well, ok maybe a
little), we would like ask if people could keep a watch out for our
stuff.  I know a lot of people watch Ebay and if any sees it pop up
there... The helmet is more or less one of a kind (Johannes made another
similar, but it belongs to my squire brother) and a picture of it can be
seen here
(http://cchipman.homeip.net/Fighting/images/Defender%20of%20the%20Flame%
202002/117-1755_IMG.jpg) or here
(http://cchipman.homeip.net/Fighting/images/Defender%20of%20the%20Flame%
202002/117-1763_IMG.jpg).  Although we'll probably not find the circlet
(and we don't have any pictures of it) it is bronze ( I think) with a
Bison on the front portion of it.  The amber all tends to be big
strands, with one piece having octagonal cuts pieces of dark green
amber.  Sigen told us it was a rare piece.

Thanks for your help,
Centurion Jean Paul de Sens and Lady Gilyan Clonmacnoise

Carl Chipman
Nomadics, Inc.
cchipman at nomadics.com
http://www.nomadics.com