[Ansteorra] Event Limits?

Lisa Duke arabella at elfsea.net
Tue Aug 19 06:22:19 PDT 2003

Gilli said:

<snipped>
3.    Non calendar events are not well attended.  We know, we do several a
year now.  And most groups don't do them.
4.    Reduces by half the income for Shires and Cantons and by a third for
Baronies.
5.    Reduces the amount of choices and varity of events to go to.

HL Arabella, past Kingdom Calendar Deputy here......

Nobody said they can't have the events.  Just that each group will have 1
less on the official Kingdom Calendar.  They can still have that event.
Just no awards can be given out that affect the Order of Precedence, no
armigerous awards.

It won't even affect a groups ability to advertise in the Black Star.  A
group can still pay the standard rate for their event announcement.  They
can still use the allowed free advertisement per year on the non-calendar
event if they wish.  Unless our wonderful chronicler makes a policy change.

An example... This is purely hypothetical.... If the Barony of the Steppes
chooses to make it's Steppes Artisan event off Calendar do you think that
will affect anything?  People will still attend, the B&B  can still give out
Baronial non-armigerous awards, there will still be the artisan competition,
and any other competition the barony wishes to hold.