[Ansteorra] Event Limits?

Cellach Ferguson cellach at breezykilt.com
Tue Aug 19 09:02:47 PDT 2003

Honestly, it doesn't look as though the calendar will clear up that much to
me.  People will still have to take a hard look at the multiple events that
are happening on a particular weekend and choose which one they wish to
attend.

Also, the loss of income is an issue.  For the larger Baronies, it's not
such a concern.  They have events that host several hundred people and can
fill their group's coffers at a single event.  Often, for the smaller
groups, there is no hugely attended event to cover the entire year's
expenditures.  Although not terribly likely, what if a small group's event
is washed out the day before?  What if something unforseen happens and the
event must be cancelled?  That group will now have NO substantial income for
the entire year.  It my be rare that it happens, but, it could, conceivably,
result in the folding of a local group.

I'm a member of Namron; a large, healthy and strong Barony!  Not everyone
has this amazing opportunity.  Why penalize the smaller groups?  They desire
and, frankly, need the means to grow and expand.  Limiting the opportunities
for smaller groups in order to make it easier to choose which of the large,
long standing events we will attend is beneficial to a scant few.

We have a large, vibrant and healthy Kingdom.  Let's celebrate that rather
than limit it.

Cellach Ferguson
Alba Gu Brath!