[Ansteorra] Favorite Tournaments

Baronman at aol.com Baronman at aol.com
Wed Jan 29 05:42:12 PST 2003

In a message dated 01/29/2003 5:58:59 AM Central Standard Time,
cweed at austin.rr.com writes:

> Post Scriptum:  One of the greatest tournaments I've ever been in or seen
> was at a Gothic War one year when we had progressive teams *at the
> barrier*.
> Twelve on a side, toe to toe, waiting for "LAY ON" to be called.... what a
> sight!  And the crowd cheered and raved.  That's how tournaments should be:
> The Monster Truck Madness coliseum event of the Middle Ages!
>
> And another thing: If you don't get enough fighting at any given tournament
> it's nobodys fault but yours.

Any one remember the Nine Worthies format?  All day fighting- singles and
melees plus audience participation??  This was back in the good old days when
men were men and women were- just say we leave that one alone.
Bors
3 time winner of Nine Worthies- shameless self plug