[Ansteorra] Length of court/Awards/Sound Systems

Paul Gilbert niklas at pbgilbert.net
Sun Jul 6 19:11:39 PDT 2003

Hi.......

With all due respect, this is like cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Why should you or for that matter anyone, get up and walk out of a court
because some folks are making too much noise? You are not the problem, why
not be part of the solution instead of part of the problem?

This action deprives you of the activities of court or whatever and while I
understand the idea, it is counterproductive as the action that you take
it-self will cause quite a bit of noise and probably bring the ire of all
that are trying to hear the activity in court onto you as well as the ones
causing the other noise.

Not a real good idea....sorry to disagree.

This is akin to civil-disobedience. One has to be very careful as to which
battles one chooses to use that tactic and why.

But, there are many other avenues of resolution that will gain you praise
rather than possible scorn.

As they say about buying on eBay.....buyer beware.

Thanks for the comment.

Good luck in your endeavors.....

HE Niklas

>If you cannot hear, and you do not with to 'shush' anyone or otherwise
>address the issue directly, then you could just leave. I can see all the
>angry faces already... If you can find the autocracy, His/Her Majesty, or
>His/Her Excellency after Court, apologize for stepping out, explaining why
>you'd left. If people do this, the likely result is that someone of
>authority will take action against those that are causing people to leave
>their court.

Paul Gilbert,   KE5ZW                   H.E. Niklas Vasilevich,
Huntsville, Texas                       Baron of The Barony Raven's Fort
niklas at pbgilbert.net                    CSM, Crane, ORH, KGA , AoA
936-291-9532 home                               Kingdom of Ansteorra
936-581-5632 cellular                           Society for Creative
Anachronism
                               AIM Name: KE5ZW