[Ansteorra] Waterlord progression

William Small bsmall at cox-internet.com
Mon May 26 09:29:47 PDT 2003

Plachoya wote :

> If you have a suggestion for an alternate site please put it forward for
> consideration. If one is going to criticize a choice of location please
have
> an alternate for consideration.

A fair request, but I'd say that the burden of finding a new site (if that's
what's needed) should fall on the group that uses the site.  The visitors
(their guests) shouldn't be expected to have to come up with an alternative
in order to be able to criticize.  Especially after they've spent $12 for
site fee.  I suppose after one Warlord where they weren't satisfied with the
site, they could just boycott that event (and any others at that site) if
they can't have complaints about the site.

The saying goes "If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the
problem."  Part of solving a problem is making people aware that there is a
problem or recognition that there is a problem.  That doesn't mean that you
have to have a full set of alternatives or a solution handy to simply say
that you think there's a problem (ie criticize).  If someone does have some
ideas toward a solution to a problem, that's a bonus.

Ansgar