[Ansteorra] AAA memories

Dirk the Dead dirkthedead at cox.net
Wed Jul 14 19:10:23 PDT 2004

Saturday Morning a group of fighters met on the list field and fought with
honor and grace, and had a lot of fun doing it.  I was lucky enough to be in
that group.

I saw some exciting bouts, with two fighters pitting all their skill against
the other.  Some of the shots were absolutely perfect.  Some weren't.  But
each was thrown with passion.  Epic battles took place on that field.
Everything was left there as the fightes left those honored ropes.  Some
carried cards, with their's happily on top.  The other left, empty handed,
but knowing that he had fought hard and with all the honor they could.

Few saw this epic tournament.  Even fewer could name the fighters that were
there.  While the crowds cheered and watched the Champions Tournament, a
group of people, scarcely larger than the number of fighters in that
tournament saw a wonderful display on the list field.

I wish more could have seen the New Fighters Tournament.  It was the most
fun I've had on a list field in my short fighting career.  And one of the
most fun tournaments I've seen in my longer SCA career.  It truely is a pity
that more people did not get to see it.

In Service to the Dream,

Dieterich von Trier auf Trelac