[Ansteorra] Questions 7/18

Damon and Christine Huse dchuse at netzero.com
Mon Jul 26 13:33:13 PDT 2004

I just love these questions...

1. What attracted you to the SCA?
The fact that I could enjoy an activity with both of my chldren. As a single
mom, at that time, that was a very attractive thing.

2. What is your perspective of what the SCA is to you?
Freinds, commradarie, parties, the romance (I'm a big sucker for a man to
kiss me on the hand or carrying my basket while escorting me to my seat)

3. Where do you invest the most time and energy in the SCA (household, local
group, kingdom, specific activity)
Mostly my Barony, but with having a baby in tow, I find serving a whole lot
harder now. I used to try and help wherever I was needed the most.

4. How long before you started to take initiative in the SCA (applying for
an office, organizing an activity, etc.?)
My second event (about the 2nd month of joining)...no kidding! I asked how
to apply for the Treasurer's Office.

5. Were there instances that could have "run you out of the SCA"..why did
they not...or why did you come back?
Definately. I came back because I'm too stubborn to let the other person
win. Plus, I have alot of freinds here I consider and extension of family
and I didin't want 1 person to run me away from my freinds.

6. How long before you burned out? Why did you burn out? Is there anything
anyone could have done to help keep you from "burning out"?
It was about 3 years, but that was my fault...I had a severe case of
"balloon hand" (as 1 freind put it). Every time some said, "We need...."
There went my hand in the air. I got burn out shorlt after I found out I was
pregnant and I had no choice but to take it easy....I had a rough pregnancy
and was forced to bed rest.  My freinds tried to warn me, but being
hard-headed, I didn't listen.  I guess they could have tried to sit on my
hands! ;-)

7. What do you get out of the SCA?
Freindship and family

8. If you have your AoA...how long did you get it after starting to
participate in the SCA?
Less than 1 year (11 months, I do believe)

Maria