[Ansteorra] Questions 7/18

Lisa silvina at allegiance.tv
Mon Jul 26 18:41:27 PDT 2004

>1. What attracted you to the SCA?

I've always felt that I was born in the wrong time period and also had a
very strong interest in medieval clothing, customs, etc..  I had looked for
a local SCA group, but was unable to find even a ren faire anywhere near me
until I met my husband and he got me involved in the SCA.

>2. What is your perspective of what the SCA is to you?

The SCA is a place to get together with others of like mind and interests
and have fun in a relaxed and enjoyable atmosphere.

>3. Where do you invest the most time and energy in the SCA (household,
>local group, kingdom, specific activity)

Previously, local group, currently, household.

>4. How long before you started to take initiative in the SCA (applying for
>an office, organizing an activity, etc.?)

I was deputy seneschal within 6 months of joining our local group and before
a year was up, was seneschal due to our seneschal moving because of job
opportunities for her husband.

>5. Were there instances that could have "run you out of the SCA"..why did
>they not...or why did you come back?

When our local group was shut down, I could have quit and as a matter of
fact did back off on much participation, but our local group members decided
to play as a household since one of the members already had a registered
household and none of us wanted to give up the SCA entirely.

>6. How long before you burned out? Why did you burn out? Is there anything
>anyone could have done to help keep you from "burning out"?

I didn't burn out, but I was getting close when the group shut down, due to
politicing and personality conflicts.  There is only so much mediation of
the same things over and over that you can do before it gets old and you are
ready to give up.  Especially when neither side is willing to come to a
happy medium.

>7. What do you get out of the SCA?

Interaction with others of like interests, friends, a feeling of extended
family.

>8. If you have your AoA...how long did you get it after starting to
>participate in the SCA?

within 2 years

>and last but not least...why do you think that people should join the SCA
>and stay in it?

Most of the people I've met in the SCA seem to have a love of something in
the medieval time period and are looking for an outlet for those interests.
Once in, people usually seem to find others of like interests and ideas, and
share their love of the medieval.

Elizabeta of Rundel