[Ansteorra] Questions 7/18

Ansteorra WebMinister vscribe at ansteorra.org
Mon Jul 26 23:30:17 PDT 2004

1. What attracted you to the SCA?
The costumes!

2. What is your perspective of what the SCA is to you?
A pleasant break from life of a working programmer.

3. Where do you invest the most time and energy in the SCA (household, local
group, kingdom, specific activity)
Steppes, Ansteorra, working on sewing, the Kingdom webpages, welcoming
newcomers, sewing, fighting, sewing ... ok yeah I still do programming ...
but it is for the Kingdom. :)

4. How long before you started to take initiative in the SCA (applying for
an office, organizing an activity, etc.?)
started organizing immediatly, applied for office within the first 6 months

5. Were there instances that could have "run you out of the SCA"..why did
they not...or why did you come back?
Oh, yes, several times, but there are always more of those that support you
than the one or two that hamper you "for your own good". The good always out
weigh the bad. And in the end, the bad/bitter go away never to be seen or
heard of again. :)

6. How long before you burned out? Why did you burn out? Is there anything
anyone could have done to help keep you from "burning out"?
No burn out yet, took little vacations here and there to have babies, all in
moderation keeps you fresh. (One of those Mommy-isms you grow up with.
*smiles*)

7. What do you get out of the SCA?
Watching the energy of a newcomer getting all excited about something you
love and keeping that energy level going for years afterwards.

8. If you have your AoA...how long did you get it after starting to
participate in the SCA? Was on the fringe of the SCA in 83, got pulled into
the deep end by a fellow gamer, God rest his soul, a couple of years later
then got my AOA in 1987 by the hand of Hector I and Rowan I via populace
petition. So in all ... 4 years.

and last but not least...why do you think that people should join the SCA
and stay in it?
When you die, what do you want on your tomb stone? That you merely lived or
that you lived with something to show for your life that is grander than any
one life alone? They should join and stay so that when it is over, they can
look back and have something grand to show for it that continues and is
immortal.

Chiara
Kingdom WebMinister, Ansteorra