[Ansteorra] Price of Gas and Travel in the Kingdom

Burke McCrory bmccrory at oktax.state.ok.us
Mon Oct 25 13:25:51 PDT 2004

I know that this question was raised a while back but it came up on the SCA
wide pelican list recently and I was curious how it is viewed today after
many months of these higher gas prices.   Ansteorra is one of the largest
land area Kingdoms in the SCA (the largest in the continental US).  We have
groups in all areas of the Kingdom (13 baronies and 30
shires/cantons/etc.)  and on average 2 to 4 events most weekends.

So here is the question,  With the price of gas at an all time high (on
average) and no change in sight (except possible increases) how has this
affected your travel plans?
Do you attend as many local meetings as you have in past?
Will you be attending more or less events in the coming months than in the
past?
Will you be attending out of Kingdom events (such as Pensic and Gulf Wars)?

Burke