[Ansteorra] Re: [Steppes] October BoD Meeting and Reception

Jann Mays hlgabrielle at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 25 12:00:51 PDT 2004

Sorry I wasn't able to attend, but there was this wedding clean up thing and
boxes to transport, etc., from the wedding site.

So, did you get to dance "Hole in the Wall?"  I heard (wink, wink) that it was
a possibility.  Well, it may not be period, but it is a renowned dance all over
the Known World and a heck of a lot of fun to do!!!!   So, Francesca, didja?
Huh?  If so, I'm jealous!!

Gabrielle
--- ylwrose2 at juno.com wrote:

> Greetings to Nobles and Gentles alike
>
> I also add my congratulations to the newest Incipient Kingdom of the
> Knowne World, Gleann Abhann!  Twenty-six of their Populace attended the
> Board of Directors Meeting on Saturday.
>
> The meeting was very interesting and informative.  If you have never been
> to a Board of Directors Meeting, I highly recommend it.  Sometimes seeing
> a meeting like this can put things in perspective.  The contributions
> from the audience were very helpful to the BoD.
>
> In the evening the Barony hosted a period revel that was well-attended,
> both by the BoD and Officers, our visitors from Gleann Abhann, and the
> Populace of the Barony.  The Steppes Dance Guild, led by HL Guillaume, HL
> Isabeau, and HL Helene graciously provided music throughout the evening,
> as well as dancing.  The Guild did a few demonstrations, and some of the
> party-goers even joined them for some of the easier and better known
> dances.  Thank you to the Guild for this contribution to the Barony.
>
> I would also like to thank HL Lete, HL Chiara, and Lady Nuala for their
> assistance with the Welcome Gifts for the Board Members and Society
> Officers who attended.  Upon their arrival at the hotel, they each
> received a yellow glove embroidered with the Steppes ensign.  Inside the
> gauntlet of the glove were Herbal Teas, a Dream Pillow, a Needle
> Sharpener, and a Bookmark.  Several of the Board Members and Officers
> complemented the Barony on the thoughtfulness of these gifts.
>
> And I cannot forget to thank those who assisted with tear-down after the
> festivities ended.  Thank you to their Excellencies Mahdi and Valeria,
> Master Robin and  Mistress Serena, HL Katya, and Arcus Jacques.
>
> Thank you also to HL Lete for lettering the revel invitations for each of
> the BoD Members and Officers.
>
> In Humble Service to the Dream
> HL Francesca Laviana Sansovino

=====

HL Gabrielle Honorée de Saint Pierre

"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. J.K. Rowling, Bloomsbury Publishing, 1998.