Land - Re: [Ansteorra] Question 12/13

niklas at pbgilbert.net niklas at pbgilbert.net
Sun Dec 18 09:55:05 PST 2005

I am not talking about rented property, I am speaking of private
land...no rent exchanged or implied. The cases I am referring to are
like the arrangement BG has with it's local site provider where BG hold
many of it's events.

Private property, no rent charged. No ADA issues. There are also ways
around many of the ADA provisions.

If a group is going to use private land for it's events on a regular
basis, there needs to be a very, very, very clear understanding as to
who's the boss, who owns the land and who calls the shots.

Other wise, that is a recipe for a disaster in the future.

With all the goofy policies the SCA BoD's have, I am not surprised they
don't have one that makes sense covering this subject.

Just my 2 cents and your mileage will vary.

Niklas

Chass wrote:
> Aye things like the A.D.A. have to be thought through before letting a
> camp ground be rented to a group.. because once it is rented to a groupe
> for a weekend event it is no longer considered private property and
> falls under camp grounds according to the federal law. Case in example
> Gulf Wars site. Although until someone pushes it people seem to think
> its still private property even though there is tons of case law to show
> that it is no longer private when rented to a public organization.
> (note: no I am not being a A.D.A. nazi right now just trying to show
> someone another thing that has to be thought out before they open land
> up for camping/events/groups).
>
> Charinthalis Del Sans of the portable Chariot
> Chass Brown
> Muddeler of Mead, Ailement of Ale and Whiner of wine
> Honorable Recruiter of house of the Red Shark, Have you seen my Belaying
> Pin?
> ----- Original Message ----- From: <niklas at pbgilbert.net>

Paul Gilbert, KE5ZW		H.E. Niklas Vasilevich
niklas at pbgilbert.net	      CB,CSM,KGA,OTR,ORH,Crane,AoA
936-714-3198 Cellular            Kingdom of Ansteorra
             Society for Creative Anachronism

            Texas Dept. Of Transportation, Radio Operations
            Austin, Texas                      512-506-5141
                       pgilber at dot.state.tx.us

                        "The Eagle has landed"
         "Sable, a double-headed eagle, a bordure engrailed or"