[Ansteorra] Traditions

Christie Ward val_org at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 13 11:49:20 PDT 2005

Kat MacLochlainn said:
>My point was that when service and art become "all
>about the awards," and fighting becomes "all about the
>violence," I genuinely believe we may be losing
>concepts and traditions that are important.  Some of
>the things in jeopardy - both the core values and the
>way we do things - define us as a kingdom and as an
>organization.
>
>I'm not saying all change is bad, but not all change
>is good either.  It couldn't hurt us to look
>objectively at each new thing and count the cost.

Now _that_ I agree with whole-heartedly.

For things like the physical environment and the atmosphere, making those
things more medieval is what _is_ true to our traditions and hopes and
aspirations.   The more medieval we get in terms of these things means that
there can be less squinting and more "YOU ARE THERE" moments, which are to
my mind the supreme moments of SCA bliss.

::GUNNVOR::