[Ansteorra] Re: Ansteorra Digest, Vol 28, Issue 28

Duncan MacNamara duncan_macnamara at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 13 17:58:32 PDT 2005

>Aye, Don Pieter, that is precisely what I said.
>  The swishy-pokey comment was meant as a good natured
>jibe at my good friend, Cap'n Mac. It was not intended
>to offend anyone in the rapier community.
>   My profoundest appology for an unthinking moment,
>that appearantly was taken disparaigingly.
>   I do not realize, sometimes, how terms are taken
>between chivbalric and rapier  communities because I
>am neither. I cannot qualify for a fighter  card due
>to my disabilities because of the damage done in
>combat with Iraq in 1991.
>                          Cap'n Rob Haddock

Aye, there was no insult meant... The rapier community likes to tease me
because I was a heavy fighter, and the Chivalric community likes to tease me
because I was a rapier fighter... and then some, like my Friend Cap'n
Haddock, just like to tease me in general, lol.

And while I'm on the subject... I also meant no offence to anyone who can't
offer their time in service or other areas the way that I have... I was
referring to the people who don't usually even attempt a persona past a
name, barely wear garb, and just show up to events for the parties after
dark.

>Not a Capt of anything but a Sea Beggar none the less.

And just a clarification... Cap'n Haddock and I don't just claim to be
Captains... we both have crews to go along with it.... My ship, for example,
operates as a Household, and my Captaincy was granted to me by the former
Matriarch of Black Company. I'm not sure of Cap'n Haddock's, but I am sure
that his Captaincy wasn't taken out of arrogance.

Lord Duncan MacNamara
Captain of the Iron Lotus
Commodore of the Allied Outlanders Fleet