[Ansteorra] What happened to Halloween (was Lead *Rant*)

Rhonda & Stefen Hays housedragonstar at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 29 09:22:39 PST 2006

Yeah, I remember when it changed.  But I got lucky, both of my kids have had
some good neighborhoods to hit up during their younger years.  When my
eldest was out begging candy, I lived in a historic area of Fort Worth and
we just hit up the neighborhood.  When I found myself a single mom, we
celebrated with a  friend who lived in a subdivision that made trick or
treating an art form.  Now that my son is in college and my daughter is 9,
we live in the country, but we "go into town" and she hits up the historic
district in Weatherford, one of those small towns that takes Halloween
seriously.  There are parties on every church parking lot and at Weatherford
College, but the there are at least 3 or 4 neighborhoods that make me feel
like I have time warped back to my childhood.

Here's a wish that everyone get to have at least one happy and safe All
Hallow's Eve.

Druinne