[Ansteorra] First Event

Judie Willey littledragon0861 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 19:21:12 PDT 2006

Caley,
I am truly touched by your story of carrying your lost friends garb where
you go. Master Goldwyn of Britain, who headed the original Guild of St.
Genesius in Caid, always wore a black velvet cloak lined in gold fur which
was made for him by my sister-in-law. When he passed away, the cloak was cut
up and mini cloaks were made from it and given to all who knew and loved him
as a remembrance.
Hadassah

On 9/24/06, medicfem at aol.com <medicfem at aol.com> wrote:

> I can remember being introduced to the SCA at the student union building
> of a local junior college in 1992. I was far to poor to participate in
> anything during my college years.
>
> I didn't actually attend my first event until Seige of the Mission, Feb
> 13-15, 1998 at the urging of a dear friend of mine who was now too sick with
> cancer to attend one more event. So she put me in her garb, gave me some
> feast gear, a mug, a cloak, a notebook of songs to sing, and told me to go
> have fun. Go sing a song for her by a camp fire. I picked the name Danielle
> from the movie Ever After and off I went.
>
> I was floored when Dolphin came and introduced himself. He bowed and
> kissed the back of my hand. Wow! I could get use to this! And then the
> fighting and the feast! I was completely in aww. It was a cold rainy event,
> but I loved it under my friends large, patchy, torn, gold cloak!
>
> The SCA has seen my life change in these eight years. My friend died
> shortly after my first event. I still to this day carry a piece of her garb
> with me to all the events I attend.
>
> I have done much to make her proud of me. I was The gatekeeper and MOC at
> Seige of the Mission II, engaged to be married at Seige of the Abbey XI.
> Autocrated at Seawinds Defender VII. Feastocrated at Seawinds Defender IX.
> Autocrated again Coastal Invasion IV. Fought for the first time in armor at
> Gulf Wars IX. I have been the shire chirurgeon for eight years, the coastal
> regional chirurgeon for a year, the hospitaler for going on one year and the
> Deputy Kingdom Chirurgeon of Training for 2 years now.
>
> My SCA life is full and I am loving it!
>
> Caley

Rebbe Hadassah Sarai bas Yossi
MoC Barony of Steppes