[Ansteorra] Period or not-period:

L T ldeerslayer at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 18 07:15:32 PDT 2006

Everyone is entitiled to their own opinion...

and as far as event staff...
I think they work wonderfully for that...
those people all need to be on the same page...

but still, most of the people who use the
walkie talkies don't use any kind of protocal
and pretty much say anything...

I don't want to have to hear someone
griping like a fishwife to their errant husband or child
coming from where-ever I'm walking...
and that happens quite a bit...

like I said...at least with the cell...
I have the potential for hearing half of a conversation...
and at least that's when I have that person in sight...

Overall...we all need to take others into consideration
more when we use these wonderful contraptions...

just cause they're convienient doesn't mean that
we shouldn't use them thoughtfully...

LDeerSlayer

Chass Brown <chass at allegiance.tv> wrote: This one I defend. I use the walkie talkies so my wife can go have a
little fun and get away from me from time to time. Now those who bring
them so they can be lazy and let their children run helter skelter and
use those as a way of "proving they know where their children are" I
agree. I also see events using them now for security/autocrating. If it
wasn’t for them I remember a Stepps warlord that would have had more
problems than it did with the Bikers.

Chass Brown A.K.A.
Charinthalis Del Sans of the portable chariot.
Honorable Recruiter of the House of the Red Shark.
Rear Admiral Northern Region Ansteorran Royal Navy - Ship the
Red  Shark.  Muddeler of Mead