[Ansteorra] Art Museums

Donna Nesbit themaefare at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 30 14:53:17 PST 2007

Close to Houston and Galveston is Lake Jackson, TX.  Lake Jackson has a small natural science museum that is ranked in the top ten in the state.  They have excellent shell, fossil, and butterfly exhibits.  In addition, they have hands on exhibits for the children.  Next door to the museum is a planetarium and an art gallary.  All of these are at the Brazosport Center for Arts and Sciences near Brazosport College.  Just a short distance down the road is Sea Center Texas.  Besides these exhibits, Angleton has the Brazoria County Museum and West Columbia has the Varner Hogg Plantation and is the First Capitol of Texas.  All of these towns are less than 20 miles apart in Brazoria county.

  Houston is 35-40 miles north of this area with its zoo and museum row within walking distance of each other.  In museum row are the museums of health, science, natural history, fine arts, modern art, and children, as well as smaller museums such as the craft museum.

  Galveston lies about 35 miles east of Lake Jackson.  In Galveston is the Strand (a historic shopping area), Moody Gardens (about 4 sites each dedicated to a different theme- aquarium, rainforest, etc), and Galveston Sclitterbahn.

  Between Houston and Galveston is Space Center Houston.

  I hope this gives you some ideas of what to find in Harris, Galveston, and Brazoria counties.

  Penelope

Alexandria Doyle <garbaholic at gmail.com> wrote:
  Any suggestions for Texas art museums with European Reconnaissance art
- paintings and prints, a decent natural history and science museum
and a good zoo and aquarium close by would be nice too. I'm trying to
playing a weekend trip with daughter and granddaughter for this summer
and just don't seem to be coming up with the right search words. If
we can't come up with all the things we want to see in one place, we
can make several stops, but we want to get to planning now...

Help would be appreciated

alex
coming from Bjornsborg

--
"I'm buying this fabric/book now in case I have an emergency...you
know, having to suddenly make presents for everyone, sickness,flood,