[Ansteorra] Semi-OT question... advice sought onvehicles suitible for Ansteorra camping events...

Chris Harper bice at backroadsoftexas.com
Tue Mar 20 14:35:43 PDT 2007

Subject: Re: [Ansteorra] Semi-OT question... advice sought onvehicles
suitible for Ansteorra camping events...

Just to show you the other side of the picture; for a number of years I and
my friend camped out of my 85 Cadillac Sedan de Ville (2 door).  We even
went to war in it a couple of times. (many funny stories out of those
times.)  You can imagine what 2 old ladies need for their comfort.  We took
a 10 X 16 cabin tent, 1 4ft table, 1 6ft table, 1 camp kitchen sink with
prep area, 2 bi-fold cots, rugs to cover the entire floor and one for
outside the entrance, 1 large tub of bedding each, 1 large tub of garb each,
2 large tubs of food and kitchen stuff, 2 large ice chest and one medium
size one, 2 hand carry baskets, 1 first aide kit, 2 bags with gigantic song
books inside, 2 folding chairs and the obligatory personal port-a-potty.  We
went anywhere we wanted to go and always made it home in one piece (car,
too).

Needless to say, my friend is a master packer as anyone in our group can
tell you.  I just watched and handed her what she ask for.

I hope you will visit our group in the Central Region and don't forget, we
have an event in August, called Lughnasad.  It is the Irish celebration of
the harvest.  A lot of fun in spite of the heat.  I look forward to meeting
you.

Bicé di Pietro
MOAS
Shire of Loch Ruadh