[Ansteorra] New Trend flyer apology

Baronman at aol.com Baronman at aol.com
Sat Mar 24 19:22:50 PDT 2007

In a message dated 3/24/2007 8:27:10 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
charinthalis at sbcglobal.net writes:

why do  groups still continually chose sites
that are way beyond accessible? By the  way guys... The ones picking the
sites to use is as liable for suit as the  site owners over the
accessibility of the site.

   I agree that there is a legal and a moral issue to provide  services to
the handicapped participants at our events but the problem as I see  it is that
there are becoming fewer and fewer sites that meet not only the
qualifications for camping, fighting, horses, archery and merchandising, but  also the
needs of our disabled neighbors.  The alternative isn't  pretty.  I can see
sometime in the future, with the complete lack of  adequate sites available and the
sword of lawsuits hanging over the BODs heads,  that the Society will no
longer be able to hold camping events. Either that  or the cost of the site will
become so prohibitive that it would be cheaper to  stay in a local motel.
According to my wife- that isn't such a bad thing.
    The one solution would be to have corporate land upon  which each kingdom
can provide to it's members, but due to the legalities of our  structure- it
ain't going to happen.
Bors
Baron Loch  Soillier
Maillet d'un Dieu