[Ansteorra] regarding improvements to Gulf War site

Laetitia laetitia at doverkeep.com
Mon Mar 26 14:08:59 PDT 2007

At 12:33 PM 3/26/2007, you wrote:
>See a reasonable solution. Don't know how that could be handled because
>isn't there a rule in the SCA about monies going into the improvement of
>land not owned by the SCA? Well unless it is held by someone who is not
>a treasurer or etc right? This is a valid idea and thank you hun.
>
>Chass Brown A.K.A.
>Charinthalis Del Sans of the portable chariot.
>Honorable Recruiter of the House of the Red Shark.
>Muddeler of Mead

I believe you will find that the SCA and/or Kingdom rules forbid
improvements to privately owned property  to be funded with official
SCA funds because it is a solution that would jeopardize the SCA's
status as a 501(c)3 and, depending on Texas law, the non-profit
status of the group as well

When there were desired improvements for the Estrella War site in
Atenveldt the SCA could not fund them directly - I believe a separate
non-profit group was formed that did not take any funds directly from
the SCA and they raised money and made improvements.

YMMV,
Laetitia