[Ansteorra] Vigils for White Scarves

Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com
Tue May 8 18:19:07 PDT 2007

At 09:30 AM 5/8/2007, you wrote:

>Let's not forget another grant level "terminal" award... the Golden
>Lance of Ansteorra, which is the grant level award for skill,
>leadership, and honor on the equestrian field.

My apologies. Obviously I haven't been paying close enough attention
to the equestrian folks. <G>

>As memory serves, there are only 3 recipients of this award... that adds
>a level of prestige in my opinion.
>
>Precedence and prestige are not the same thing. One is given, the other
>earned. It is up to each person to discover which is which.

Precisely. As Sir Morgan pointed out, the Lion of Ansteorra carries
*no* precedence but, arguably, has a higher prestige level than the
White Scarf (or just about any other award in Ansteorra, for that matter.)

         -Tivar Moondragon