[Ansteorra] Fw: [Burkhaven] bad stuff here in the east

Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com
Sat May 12 19:03:01 PDT 2007

At 08:50 AM 5/12/2007, you wrote:
>Sadly, that's been all over the news this week
>
>http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/05-08-2007/0004583036&EDATE=

As I recall, from discussions of this issue on the Rialto, back when
the story first broke, the actual assaults happened at non-SCA
events; the predator just used the SCA as his "hunting ground" as it were.

Reading through the news article, it appers to *me* that the parents
are suing the SCA because it's got deeper pockets than the
predator--sort of like suing the gun manufacturer because you got
shot by a robber--rather than accepting the fact that both they and
the SCA were duped by this predator. Looking at the website of the
law firm that is representing the abused kids, the phrase "ambulance
chasers" keeps coming to mind.

         -Tivar Moondragon