[Ansteorra] Dissolutions..pop numbers..

Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 05:35:01 PST 2008

At 10:30 PM 1/10/2008, you wrote:
>The answers are hidden inside your numbers. If the Southern Region
>lost 73 members, or 15%, It started with about 487 members and
>finished with about 414 members. A troubling loss, but it doesn't
>seriously affect sustainability. The Western region, on the other
>hand, lost "only" 22, or 16.3%, it started with "only"
>135 and ended with "only" 113.
>
>I don't know how many officers a group is required to have now, but
>I believe it used to be (and may still be) 4. so I'll use that. 7
>groups X 4 officers = 28, plus regionals, 13 positions listed, that
>totals 41 officers. Thats more than a third of the total populace,
>which does suggest that a lot of office swapping would be required.

Current Ansteorran Law requires a minimum of 5 subscribing (i.e.
sustaining) members with at least three officers: seneschal,
treasurer and (pick one) marshal, herald or A&S to form either a
shire or a canton. A barony requires a minimum of 25 members with a
full slate of officers: seneschal, herald, knight marshal, minister
of arts and sciences, treasurer, chronicler, and hospitaler.

I wonder if a more reasonable solution would be to fold the Western
Region into two or three of the other Regions, but leave the groups
intact? That way there wouldn't be quite such a demand for officers.

         -Tivar Moondragon