[Ansteorra] Fw: hoop petticoat

Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 11:36:45 PST 2008

At 11:45 AM 1/31/2008, you wrote:

>  If I remember correctly mine had some type of plastic in it.  Why couldn't
>  you use the stiff, slice your finger if you're not careful, plastic straps
>  that are used to secure boxes.  The ends are glued/fused together.

In my experience, unless you're working with *really* heavy banding
plastic and really light fabric for the skirt, the plastic banding
won't stand up well enough to make a decent hoop. Steel banding will
work, and if you leave an opening in the channel in the skirt where
the hoop goes, you can pull the banding out when you want to wash the skirt.

         -Tivar Moondragon

"Bustles were back in fashion in the city for some inexplicable
reason, but her only concession there was a bum-roll, which achieved
a certain perkiness in the rear without the need to wear twenty-seven
pounds of dangerously spring-loaded underwear."

                         -From "Going Postal" by Terry Pratchett