[Ansteorra] BG Stone Soup

Jay Rudin rudin at peoplepc.com
Thu Oct 15 22:24:21 PDT 2009

Tivar wrote:

>To my recollection, Stone Soup was mostly used for dinner Saturday
>night in the SCA camp at the Renaissance Festival down near Houston.
>Folks would bring carrots, or potatoes, or meat, or noodles or
>whatever and add it to the pot (or they'd contribute a dollar or two
>to Mistress Janet, the cook.)

Stone soup was very common at the small Steppes events run by house Evergreen, and seen a few times Sunday at Warlord.

>I'd guess if it was used in other places, the cook might actually
>plan the soup, and buy (or request) the various components
>beforehand. that'd give a more consistent, but less adverturous soup.

Not that I know of.  The ones I contributed to were purely random, except that some people would forget to bring something, and find out what was already in it before running out to the store.

Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin