[Ansteorra] Fee Increase and other Business...

Tega Albert montega2 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 10:49:25 PST 2010

Elizabeth, the Newcommers Revel is a great idea. Or a newcomers feast. There
would have to be a charge of some sort for feast though. My Baroness
mentioned last night that feasts were held as fund raisers a few times, so
that's another Idea as well.

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 12:40 PM, Richard Threlkeld <
rjt at softwareinnovation.com> wrote:

> BTW, you may decide not to sue, but if you collect on your health
> insurance,
> you give your right to sue to the insurance company and they may well do
> so.
>
> In service,
> Caelin on Andrede
>
> ========================
> <snip, snip>
>
> The NMS isn't a punishment. The odds of someone getting injured at an event
> are pretty good...be it from falling into a hole or getting their bell rung
> while fighting. That is why we have chirurgeons. The odds of someone suing
> the Society over their injury increases if they don't have a vested
> interest
> in the Society. If I fall in a hole and break my leg because the Steward
> didn't put a big sign with caution tape around it, I'm not not going to sue
> because I have been playing for too many years and love this organization.
> Now, you get someone who is at their first event and falls in the hole and
> breaks their leg, then they are more likely to sue because they don't have
> vested interest in the group. So, the new folks are the high risk group
> when
> it comes to liability, not those of us who have been playing forever. By
> requiring them to pay a temporary membership fee, they are covering the
> extra cost that they are incurring on the Society as a whole. Someone who
> knows more about the psychology of lawsuits and insurance can probably
> expand on this.
>
> <snip, snip>
>
> Just my two cents,
> Lady Ysabeau of Prague
> (who probably should have waited to have a second cup of coffee before
> writing this)

Montega Blackdragon
Hospitaler of Northkeep