[Ansteorra] I have a question

Sher M runa.herd at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 15 12:23:09 PDT 2010

I should revise why I joined the SCA.  Both my stepfather and my mother died
within 3 years of each other.  I no longer had a "function in life".  A
friend needed new garb for Lillies.  I made some for him.  It was fun.  Then
I met 2 other people that were friends of his (mind you I'm old enough to be
all three's mother).  I was invited to the local Business meeting.  The
people were fun and welcoming.  Then I attended my first Populace.  Then I
joined.  My first event was Raven's Fort Defender in 2007.  My neighbor
dog-sat for me for one night because one of my dogs had just had surgery and
had lost total use of all 4 legs (it was successful) and I so needed to get
out of the house.

I met Baroness Jan that night and listening to her I fell completely under
the SCA spell.  My first trip to Lysts with complete with stitches in my leg
so I had to stay in a hotel.  Again my friends (Tareija and Mirabelis)
watched over my safety and made sure I kept the wounds clean.  Baroness Jan
and Mistress Regina made me feel so at home that when it is time to leave
this world I am going to have to be dragged kicking and screaming... Just
One More Event!

Here's to all my old friends, new friends and those friends I haven't met
yet... Raise your glass high and toast yourself because you are good
friends.

Lady Runa (now climbing off her soap box)

Sher Montgomery & The Thundering Herd
www.bedlambazaar.com
http://thethunderingherd.net