[Ansteorra] Looking good when fighting history

willowdewisp at juno.com willowdewisp at juno.com
Fri Nov 5 22:43:14 PDT 2010

So you would say that sharing and talking and looking at period things and how they were done is vital to getting excited in have a period style event or activity?
Many years ago Mistress Sula taught a class on the black plague at King's Colloge and it started a rash of plague parties where people pretended to be locked up and started dieing and they shared news about what was happening in their part of Eureope. It also inspired a "Dance of Death" at a Warlord.
This was a similiar thing that happened in early Ansteorra and I think Mistress Sula was living in Bjornberg at the time and taught the class in Austin.
I used to bring books and ideas to fighter practices and show people things at our social get togethers maybe I will start again.
Thank you for your idea.
willow