[Ansteorra] Ideas for gifts for Christmas

SoldierGrrrl soldier.grrrl at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 13:06:06 PST 2010

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 10:00 AM, Bree Flowers <evethejust at gmail.com> wrote:

> Why are all the gift suggestions things you can purchase anyway? Are
> we not a group that MAKES stuff? Given an evening to work and less
> than $5 in materials I could make you some lovely trim worth far more
> than $20.

For me?  I have more money than I do time.  I would LOVE to make all
my Christmas gifts, and I hope to make *some* this year, but honesty,
I *like* having resources to spend my money and support others.   I
don't think there's anything wrong with purchasing things, and don't
want anyone to feel like their gifts might be thought of as lesser
because they don't have the time or skill to make something.

In service,
Helene Dalassene
Stronghold of Hellsgate
--
"Whatever their fond sentiments for men and women in uniform, for most
Americans the war remains an abstraction – a distant and unpleasant