[Ansteorra] Very interesting story on concussions

Owen ap Aeddan owenapaeddan at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 12:18:26 PST 2011

Bore da,

Because I do have some thoughts on this I would just like to add the
following:

You should check the padding in your helmet often. Foam eventually breaks
down. If it is covered with tape it is harder to tell if it still has give.
Make sure when you squeeze the foam it compresses and then goes back to the
shape it was before you squeezed it. If you don't think is has enough
compression fix it.

I will also add to Comte Jean Paul and Centurion Liams words Everyone who
fights chivalric combat needs to look out for themselves and each other. If
the helmet is not safe let them know. I prefer to say "Hey I am not telling
you that you can't wear that you signed a waiver but as your friend I am
telling you I don't think that will give you the protection that you need it
to." As there are plenty of legal helmets that will allow you to look at the
pretty stars if the right weapon connects from the right opponent.

Iarll Owen ap Aeddan
Marchog of Ansteorra