[Ansteorra] How to Trap a Laurel

Doug Copley doug.copley at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 12:46:48 PDT 2011

My apologies if I sounded like I thought that you should not do any of
those things, I believe that you should. The Evil Elmo was one that my
son and I made for an archery shoot because we needed another target. It
was actually one of the easier targets we made and it turned out to be
the most popular by far, with both the little kids and the BIG kids:-) I
was merely trying to show that we all (or almost all) do it in one area
or another without even thinking of it.

I think that we *NEED* to be doing more things and better presentations
of things in our areas of expertise but ... I believe that it is also
possible to go overboard. The problem is deciding where the line is in
going overboard! Somethings are easy ... Flashing neon signs = bad idea,
table cover (IMO) = good idea ... in between??? Talk with and observe
the people in the art or area that you are working in (whether it is
chivalric, rapier, archery, A&S, whatever) and then make your best
judgement from there.

I will not claim to be an expert in any of the areas, but I am
learning:-) And I believe therein lies the beauty and fun of the SCA. We
can all learn from each other in so many areas and so many skill sets.
Even this discussion here has been enlightening and I have learned from.

YIS,
Vincenti