[Ansteorra] Gulf Wars Trailers

Bill Tait arwemakere at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 10:14:04 PDT 2011

Removing a wheel is a great idea. A pretty effective deterrent. Of course
the "bad guys" could always carry an assortment of trailer tires...

Our highway crews do this to the mobile electronic signs to deter theft. Of
course you could always take the one wheel from one to steal the next one
down the road...

Another idea that comes to mind is to nail it down. A scrap car rear axle
(hub flange and long rod) driven into the ground would be a good anchor to
lock the trailer to. It may take some effort to get it out at war's end, but
it's another step to discourage theft.

1. Lock your trailer (hitch lock, door locks)
2. GPS transmitter
3. Remove a wheel
4. Nail it down.

Short of an armed guard, that's about all one could do, I think.

William