[Ansteorra] Camp fee what to do about it

willowdewisp at juno.com willowdewisp at juno.com
Sun May 22 10:00:53 PDT 2011

Dear Eve
Are you calling me a free loading jerk. I take offense to that. I have put in things for prizes and raffles, and given Largess. I have traveled places and taught. I have worked on wall hangings and provided lighting for areas the public  used.  All of that this year.
I know I haven't given as much to the Society in the last three years but I was having major medical problems but I have given what I can.
On the matter of Peers and classes. I personally have never ask for money for my handouts. Also do you think that our Laurels really find going hundreds of miles to an Arts and Science event and spending all day judging and then having everyone call us the authenticity police is fun. Before my health got bad I was averaging 5 hours an event for meetings just  to talk about all of you.
Do you think Knights go to fighter practice and spend it trying to teach people how to swing a sword and not get hurt just for themselves? Or your Baron and Baroness truly enjoy spending time listening to every little problem?
The Peers and nobles in Ansteorra work. They work so you can play. Yes, the SCA is a game but making sure people learn and advance and have fun is work.
Yes, you may call me a free loader but I am old and semi-retired. I mostly go to local events but I have worked at everyone I have gone to. I go to fighter practice and take books and projects to show newcomers. I go to Demos and talk to people non-stop. I give freely of my time and resources and what I do pales next to work done by most of our active officers, peers and nobles.
If there is something more you want me to do so you will not call me a free loader please tell me.
When I go to a war ever penny is taken into account. I don't have money to buy  things and I eat very frugally. I don't even get treats. I travel hard and when I am at Pennsic I am not near to your water and pickles and things. I carry my own water. I often camp in the dark. The truth is some of us don't have the extra money for your luxuries.
willow