[Ansteorra] Children in the Sca

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Feb 7 14:38:24 PST 2012

Actually it has been possible to sign up for SCA membership at various
larger events, including Pennsic, I believe.

Part of the problem is that having this creates a lot more, non-
centralized paperwork, including money that needs to be tracked and
handled. As online money transfers including credit cards become
easier to do, this type of thing becomes more and more feasible.

I can remember having to make sure you had plenty of cash on hand when
you went to a big event such as Gulf Wars or Pennsic, because it was
difficult to get more. The local town might, if you were lucky, have
an ATM, but probably not. Now most nearby towns have multiple ATMs,
they are even available at some event sites and many (most?) merchants
take credit cards. So things are changing.

Stefan