[Ansteorra] Children in the Sca

SoldierGrrrl soldier.grrrl at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 08:02:06 PST 2012

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 9:54 AM, Richard Threlkeld
<rjt at softwareinnovation.com> wrote:
> I believe the rule for children at Ansteorran events is the children must be
> within sight and sound of the parent or guardian. Guardians must have the
> proper paperwork. That means if you run to the nearby store, take your
> children or have a properly executed guardian form for someone at the site
> already done and give them the children. When my children were that young,
> we had a couple of such forms done and notarized "just in case".
> In Service,
> Caelin on Andrede

The notarized form requirement frustrates me to no end.  Ioannes and I
have a POA for Liam's kiddos that basically allows us to take any
necessary steps to care for the kids until a parent can be located,
and yet, if we're at an event and he has to leave for some reason (a
store run) we can't watch the kids because we don't have an notarized
form for that event right then.  I *get* why they're required, but the
lack of flexibility is annoying for those of us who have other legal
documents that allow us to watch our friends children.

Like I said, I get that the notarized forms are a catch-all and
designed to server the largest number of folks possible.  This is just
venting some annoyance.

Helene Dalassene
Meanest Not-A-Stepmother EVER.
--
"Whatever their fond sentiments for men and women in uniform, for most
Americans the war remains an abstraction – a distant and unpleasant