[Ansteorra] Help with my Quest to be on the First Battle of Nations USA Team.

guylestran at aol.com guylestran at aol.com
Tue Jan 17 10:20:10 PST 2012

Hey All,

I am sure alot of you have seen this already.  I'm seeking donations and sponsorship ideas that can help me get to Poland so that I can be a part of this first American Team to compete in this event.  Though I've been doing the SCA for 22 years my current armour just will not let me compete and get out without without being hurt (it also doesn't meet the Historical Standards),  I also need to redue some of my soft kit as well.

I"am currently living up in NJ so if anyone has connections up here that would be great.

Here is a little of my pitch................

I will be a part of a Team of 27 other Americans who are forming a Team USA for the first time to compete in an international event that has been happening the past several years called the Battle of Nations. The Battle of the Nations is an extraordinary annual international full-contact medieval armored combat competition in which the greatest swordfighters from over 16 Nations (Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Poland, Austria, Germany, Italy, Romania, Australia, Denmark, USA Ireland, Canada, Moldova, France, Belgium and England) participating nations face each other in individual and team combat to determine the World Championship team.

More info can be found below as well as you tube links of the event.

 http://igg.me/p/58901?a=358997

I also have a pay pal account at robertd at usaknights.org.

Even just being part of a team to help me raise funds or pass it around on your FB or Goggle would be awesome.

My squire Gluakos has also suggested I start a registry.  I'll redo my site to perhaps reflect that.  For instance right now Ansteorra will be providing me the Black Star Sword (really....read below---I was Knighted in Ansteorra) and shields.

Thanks for reading.

Sir Guy

This is pretty cool reading.................

Read the words of Ritter Dieterich of Ansteorra as well...........................

This event so inspires me that I’m going to make something worthy and auction it off to help fund this. Ansteorra should be behind this effort- this is the very cutting edge of the medieval fighting world right now and I can’t think of any other tournament event that takes more courage- and therefore garners more honor- than this one. I’m open to suggestions on where to hold the auction. I’ll organize it; I hope some of you will either donate items to it or bid on items in it.

Guy and Gaston… pick out a weapon and send me the vendor information. I’ll take it from there.

The Black Star blade will be brandished by the mighty arm of Guy
A hundred flags over a thousand foes- before him they will die
A swath he’ll cut with that blackened blade through mail and helm and plate The edge so true and bloodied that day, breaking skin and bone and pate

Beside great Guy will be another- a knight of thundering reknowne
With halbard hacking Sir Gaston tossing legions to the ground
“We beg you, Mercy!” the French will cry, and the Rus will bow and quake The crowd will see the ransoms rich, and prisoners he will take

Dame Liberty need not fret or fear- her honor will prevail
The twenty one who fight for her will never yield or pale
And Her virtue true, pennon red and blue, with fifty stars of white
Vouchsafed sure by the ebon blades of two great Black Star knights.

"Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being"