[Ansteorra] Travel (was Re: Participation vs. Recruitment (long))

Tina Michael tinabetta at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 13:20:41 PST 2012

> "Travel is great and should be encouraged.  But for those who can not,
> because of finances, family obligations, work, health, etc. advancement is
> rather limited.
>
> my half penny
>
> Ismet "
>

> Which is a pitiful shame isn't it?  There are so many hard workers, great
> fighters, and talented artistans that love to play our game that get fed up
> and leave, simply because they never recieve the recognition that they
> should be getting for the things they do. That happens so much in our
> everyday, corporate work a day lives that it truly chafes when we
> experience it in the game we love.
>

>    When I had my car crash and then developed the blood clot that almost
> cost me my life, I found out life is too short to play around. That woman
> Ismet mentioned never got the recognition her Kingdom should have given her
> because she did not play by someone's set of rules and peacock herself
> around saying "look at me! I go to every event and do all this!"  It should
> not matter whether you go to every event, the things you do, even in a
> small demographic, count to the whole. If you pay your membership and play
> the game to the best of your ability you should be deserving of the
> recognition of your Kingdom even if that Kingdom is so huge that you may
> never even meet your King.

       This is a game, people! Our founders meant it to be fun,
encouraging, enlightening and educational. Not to find out how much money
we have and how far we are willing to go to get a painted scroll on our
wall, (nothing against the painted scrolls, I really love mine, they are
beautiful even the mass produced photocopied ones from Trimaris back in the
day) When we stop encouraging participation we will die.

       We wonder why we cannot retain membership. You cannot recognize
someone for their passion when they are dead, you must do it while they are
alive and active. You cannot withhold recognition because a person doesn't
have enough miles racked up or they will be come frustrated and you will
lose membership. Petty politics is just that, petty.  By waiting, for
whatever reason, you may lose the opportunity forever.

Lady Augustina Johanna Elizabetta Michaela da San Germano
  aka Tina