[Ansteorra] Assistance needed for grad paper

Sir Lyonel sirlyonel at hotmail.com
Sat May 12 22:14:45 PDT 2012

I would also suggest Havelok The Dane, the many versions of Tristan and Iseult (noting the many ways that they handle Tristan's betrayal of his uncle King Mark's trust), compare Chretien des Troyes' tale Cliges (sort of an anti-Tristan), and both the extant halves of Chretien's Perceval. The first half of Perceval gives the example of Perceval hosted by the Fisher King and possibly failing as a guest. The second half shows Gawain insisting upon proper treatment from another host.

Also, of course, Dante's Inferno sends bad hosts to the lowest third of hell.

Sir Lyonel Oliver Grace

Sent from my iPhone