[Ansteorra] Regalia Images

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 20 15:50:58 PST 2013

Greetings all,
A lot of the information for awards can be found on the Heralds Order of Precidence pages.  It helps put all the puzzle pieces together if you know where to look.

Per the OP, at: http://heraldry.ansteorra.org/OP/   His SCA registered name is:  David Gallowglass
The Baronial Service orders for Stargate can be found at:  http://heraldry.ansteorra.org/OP/baronial_table.php
Most Baronial 'Armigerous' (carries an Award of Arms) Awards were created with the purpose of service to the Barony for which the award is given.

David received his Order of the Misty Star on 1979-09-01
Doing a bit of extrapolation of the Baron/Baroness registry for Stargate found at: http://heraldry.ansteorra.org/OP/baronial-roll.php?barony=Stargate
The Order of the Misty Star of Stargate was given to David by Baron Tarl Mapt and Baroness Arlene the Soother, who servered Stargate from 6/17/1979 till 7/4/1982.

Unfortunately, our Insignia Gallery, found at:  http://scribe.ansteorra.org/insignia/index.htm   was created more recently, and doesn't include images of the current or ancient closed orders of the Baronies; perhaps something to work on in a future project.

However, if you look at the online Heralds Ordinary and Armorial, found at: http://oanda.sca.org/
you can find the Order of the Misty Star was registered at Laurel, in the College of Arms, on April of 1981, and the device blazon is "Sable, ona triangle wavyargenta mulletof three greater and six lesser points sable".     Interesting to note that David, and others, were granted the award, before it was actually registered with the College of Arms.

Hope that answers a few questions,
Cheers, Hillary