[Ansteorra] ideas... long

Irena Fridenberg rubberduckiemom at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 13:51:08 PST 2013

I'm not against FB at all.  I love that I can communicate with my
friends at anytime.  I do think it has had an effect on what the SCA
is now. I love that the SCA has embraced websites and electronic
newsletters. It is good for many reasons.  There are many reasons
people have given that they don't enjoy the Society like the old days.

Some of the reasons are red tape, paper trails and releases.  We just
have accept that these are the realities of the Society now.  We
really can't change what the BoD feels is best for the group so we
find ways to work around it.

Start asking the other reactor groups to keep their memberships and
attendance up. Surely there are things they are doing that we aren't.
None of us are going to have the magic answer, but if we acknowledge
the problems maybe we can find some of the possible solutions.

I know I want to see the magic back and wish the attendance go up.
I'm glad we are talking about it.

Katrine

Barone Orlando Di Gilead <orlando at agilejedi.com> wrote:

The SCA in AS 10 was what it had to be then and the SCA now is what it has
to be now. I, for one, was glad to see the SCA embrace Facebook recently.
It lends our group some legitimacy amongst the younger generation and keeps
their attention in the same way email lists  (like this one) did in the
past. I fear that we must stay relevant and embrace new technologies...we
do style ourselves as the "modern" middle ages :-)

Orlando

Checkout my blog @ http://blog.agilejedi.com
Checkout my homepage @ http://www.agilejedi.com
Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/theagilejedi