[Ansteorra] GW 2013 Attendance

Darlene Burns annescvb at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 12:51:50 PDT 2013

Dear Devin,

Lol...being your first war, you have nothing to compare it to and I suppose
it really would seem to be rather....inadequate...yes, that is a nice safe
description...for someone like yourself. :)

However, *I* remember when there was only 1 bathhouse for over 1,200 people
and the drains backed up...we stood in shin deep(dirty) water and most of
us began to not care if the gals were in the guys side or vice versa by the
last day...we were so desperate for a shower. Of course, it wasn't an 9 or
10 day event then but after 3 or 4 days of sweating and fighting you still
smelled just as bad and were just as miserable.

I remember there was a year when I came back and there were actually *other
showers* available around the site other than just the 2 stalls in the main
lodge and the bathhouse down by the cabins. We thought we had died and gone
to heaven. I think that was after they started tearing down the trees to
make more camping area past the 5 points...which wasn't a 5 point at all
for a long time...the road ended just after the bathhouse the first year I
went (GW I)....

The site owner has made many improvements and others such as Cynric are in
a better position to know all that he does. However, do know that
*many...many* improvements have been made down the years...there is just
still more to do...

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 7:58 PM, David Brown <lddevin03 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Being my first War...they really need to upgrade the bathhouses and cabins
> and stuff. You would think that with as much activity that place gets that
> they would.
>
> HL Devin
>

> --
Annes