[Ansteorra] Gulf Wars New Electrical Access policy

Haraldr Bassi ansteorra at haraldr.drakkar.org
Wed Feb 19 12:58:16 PST 2014

It should probably be noted that not all generators are noisy and smelly... propane and gas
powered generators designed to be used in RVs are generally neither.

That said, they are definitely not what I would call medieval environment inducing and I'd also
prefer to not have them around. I would suggest that anyone planning to use a generator arrange
to camp where such are the norm, where the RVs and such are located.

I do want to remind people that solar PV panels are getting better and better. It is entirely
possible to have a solar battery charger keeping a deep cycle battery topped off during the day,
replacing what may get used at night. At the least, it could mean several fewer trips to
recharge it. I'd suggest that as much as possible be battery operated and that the power access
be used to recharge batteries in the event that a solar setup can't keep up.

Haraldr Bassi
Harbinger for Barony of Bjornsborg