ARCH - Arrow question

harry billings psobaka at mail.myriad.net
Sun Apr 23 12:17:00 PDT 2000

I shoot nothing but fiberglass with UHMW and have one (1) arrow broken and
that was on deliberat, and I have had arrows stomped on. The cost should be
close to the same, 1/4" fiberglass rod is about 50 to 60 cents per shaft and
the UHMW is not to costly I think about 25 cents per head. You do have to
straight fletch and the UHMW requires more tooling. I would make at least
some fiberglass UHMW arrows say 25% and see how things go. You can use
electrial tape on fiberglass shafts (they do not need the reinforcing of
straping tape) do not have to put a seperate shaft stop or fome behind the
head, more work on the partsbut easyer to put together.