ARCH - crossbow for rapier

Mirrim and Suvdchin mirrim at moritu.net
Mon May 1 10:47:15 PDT 2000

I was there when Don Robert (Haroun) and Dona Leah decided to ban thistle
missles and then baldar blunts for Rapier.  The reason that thistle missiles
were not allowed was because they hurt too much when they hit.  Rapier
fighters only wear a few extra layers of material as armor, nothing that would
distribute the force of a harder arrow or bolt.  Heavy fighters at least have
their vitals protected by heavy leather and padding.

I agree with Duncan that I wouldn't get a different bow just to shoot archery in
rapier melees.  They're expensive.

Mirrim

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."
Will Rogers