ARCH - Archery - a noble duty

Scott Powers spowers at telepath.com
Mon Nov 6 14:32:47 PST 2000

At 4:57 PM -0500 11/6/00, elfsea.ansteorra.org at ansteorra.org wrote:
>Well, I don't deny that with practice I could be a
>great archer.  But that's not my goal; I'm just having
>fun doing such a fundamentally _medieval_ thing as
>target archery.
>
>- Galen

Your Excellency, speaking to you in your capacity as a noble, it is your
duty to become adept with the bow.  For how else can you put deer and fowl
on the table.  It is the station of a lord to either become adept with the
bow or the falcon.  I ask thee, how else shall you provide meat for your
household?  Whilst the peasantry are required to learn the bow for war, it
is the noble duty of the lords to hunt.  Wouldst you deprive your folk of
all but bread and vegetables?

Written this day on the sixth day of November,

Rumil Fletcher
baron to the His Majesties court