ARCH - Royal Huntsman

baron@elfsea.ansteorra.org baron at elfsea.ansteorra.org
Fri Apr 6 05:24:57 PDT 2001

Galen here...

Quoting Eadric Anstapa <eadric at scabrewer.com>:

> Based on conversation on the Red Tape list a few
> weeks ago I believe that Duncan and Larissa are very
> much open to being approached now about scheduling
> the Royal Huntsman shoot for their Reign.

This is true.  I approached them yesterday with my
suggestion of holding the next Royal Huntsman
competition at Academy of the Bow, just a week before
their Coronation.  They like the idea, if the archery
community does.  They already plan to be in attendance
at Academy of the Bow.

But I haven't checked with Wilim or Fearghus, and so I
don't know what people -- including the autocrat of the
event and the Kingdom Archery Marshal -- think about
this.

One obvious drawback is that means that one Royal
Huntsman will serve for only just over two months from
Spring Faire until Coronation.  Another drawback is
whatever size monkeywrench it'll throw into the class
schedule at AoB; I don't have any idea how big a
problem that is.

One apparant advantage is that the Royal Huntsman could
be chosen at AoB, and then invested as part of the
Coronation ceremony, like the King's Champion.  Another
is that we could then immediately turn around and begin
seeking bids kingdom-wide for the following reign's
Royal Huntsman's tourney.

This needs feedback.  Sebastian?  Fearghus?  Wilim?
Anybody?  Anybody?

I'm copying the Crown Princess on this posting so that
she'll have an update on the status of this suggestion,
and know that it's by no means a done deal.

- Galen