[Ansteorra-archery] What are things that are keeping outCombatArchers of the field?

jspinks at ix.netcom.com jspinks at ix.netcom.com
Wed Oct 16 06:25:12 PDT 2002

Generally I wasn't. I tend to stay in the back and well away as I am fairly
accurate with a bow and there is the reload time plus it doesn't matter
whether a fighter is engaged- if they are within 10 feet- noncontact dies- as
Lord Eadric has pointed out.  I usually die when an enemy runner runs around
the main group and past the fighters to "tag" all the archers he can by going
within 10 feet.  The first occassion I was in the back and a fighter ran up
swinging at a fighter behind me. I caught a full sword swing in the leg and
limped for over an hour although the fighter later apologized.  Another case
was similar and I could not back away from a one on one fight due to
obstructions when a fighter ran up and a shield man engaged.

Jacques