[Ansteorra-archery] Help with Splitting a really BIG Osage Or ange

Derek Wilson dwilson at dollar.com
Wed Sep 25 07:41:38 PDT 2002

Ironwyrm,

yeah I plan on splitting it down to billets and removing the sapwood for
faster drying times....guess I will be getting a dozen or so wedges this
Friday (Harbor freight has them for $1.99 right now!) and wearing myself out
trying to split it this weekend.

On another note I just got my 1lb of natural barred wing pointers in the
other day and have found that a small (9 inch) bandsaw works great for
cutting the quill end and splitting the feather down the quill. But you
better have a dust mask!